OAKLAND THERAPY OFFICE IS CLOSING NOVEMBER 30, 2017
Earlier today, I received a call and a letter informing me of some disappointing news. I regret to inform you that the First Congregational Church of Oakland (FCCO) has decided not to renew the lease with the Center for Psychotherapy, Spirituality, and Creativity (CPSC). CPSC is the non-profit organization that sponsors the subleasing of the church therapy room to therapists and healers for $10 an hour.
The current users of the room can continue to use the room until November 30, 2017. As of December 1, 2017, CPSC will not be a tenant of the room and will not be able to sub-rent the room to anyone from that date forward.
On October 31, 2017, we will post notification of the upcoming termination of the lease on the therapy office door. I wanted to email you this beforehand so you can inform your clients as you deem appropriate. Perhaps you want to tell them immediately, or perhaps you want to line up another space prior to telling them. For that reason, we are waiting until the end of October before posting notification of this change on the office door.
The loss of the lease is not related in any way to the conduct of CPSC, myself, the tenants, or any of the subtenants. You have all used the room well, and I’m sure you have provided important, needed services to your clients there. I am sorry that as of December 1, 2017, you will not be able to continue to use the office space at FCCO.
I have enjoyed working with you all, and I sincerely regret the impact of this loss on you and your clients. I wish you well.
1) See When hours Are Available Online
2) Ability To Reserve Therapy Hours Online
3) OPTIONAL: Supervision:
- Supervisor can be provided,
- Individual Supervision,
- Group Supervision,
- You can choose your own supervisor (not affiliated with us).
WHAT DOES CPSC’S 2501 Harrison Street Oakland Therapy Offices have to offer?
1) Oakland Therapy Office gives you the ability to see when hours are available to rent online. This can be helpful when a client can call you up and you can look at the available schedule in real-time. This can allow you to only rent office space when you need it. This enables you to not have to rent a room all day when you are only going to use it for that hour!
2) Oakland Therapy Office gives you the ability to reserve therapy office hours online. You simply go to the calendar, click the day, then click the hour. You then enter your name, credit card number, and email. You will get an email confirmation. Also, once you are entered into the scheduling system as a provider, you will be able to sign up for repeated appointments and sync them with your google calendar.
3) If you are a MFT registered intern, CPSC can provide you supervision or allow you to choose your own supervisor. CPSC provides individual supervision and/or group supervision provided by Peter Coster, MFT. CPSC can also facilitate the legal structure for you to be able to choose your own supervisor and choose the location for the office you use.
For any questions about the room, don’t hesitate to call Ronnie, Room Manager at 360-670-6282 .
Click Todd Harvey, MFT for his website. He specializes in working with couples and individuals who struggle with depression, anxiety, PTSD, have challenges in relationships, and more. Book Todd Harvey Here.